Android TV Remote Control App; we would discussing the possible step on how to use your phone as a remote control for Android TV. You need an Android device running Android version as low as 4.3 to the highest Android 9.0 Pie to use the Remote Control App.
You can navigate Android TV using your phone or Tablet with Android TV Remote Control App.
Hint: we would discuss the following;
- How to setup your Android TV
- Add Bluetooth
- Use your phone as a remote control for Android TV
- How to setup Android TV with your Android phone or tablet
How to Download Android TV Remote Control App
To download the app from Google Playstore or AppStore on your device simply follows the steps below;
Login to Google playstore or App store on your device and search Remote Control App
Download: click on the remote control app to initiate downloading.
After successful downloading, install the downloaded remote control app on your device.
Setup the Android TV remote control app.
How to Setup Android TV with your Android Phone or Tablet
To setup the just downloaded remote control app follow the steps below;
- Make sure your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Android TV
- On your device, open the Android remote control app
- Tap the name of your Android TV on your device
- On your device, you will see a PIN. Enter this PIN on your device.
- Tap Pair on your device
Change the Remote Layout
You can choose from two layouts for your remote.
To change the layout, tap Menu >> D-Pad or Touchpad
- Standard remote layout (D-pad)
- To move up, down right, and left: Tap the arrows.
- To Select: Tap the centre circle
- Touch-sensitive layout (Touchpad)
- To move up, down, right, and left: Swipe on your device’s screen
- To Select: Tap anywhere on your device’ screen.
My Android TV Remote Control App isn’t Working
If your remote control app doesn’t work, follow these steps. Check the app after each step to see if it starts to work.
Double-Check your Wi-Fi Settings
- To connect through Wi-Fi, make sure you use the right network. Your app only works if it’s on the same Wi-Fi network as your Android TV
- If you have trouble with your Wi-Fi, check your connection
- Turn off your Wi-Fi network’s access point (AP) isolation on your router. Follow the instructions from your router’s manufacturer.
Connect with Bluetooth
- On your phone, turn on Bluetooth
- Open the Android TV Remote control app
- You’ll see this error message: “Android TV and this device need to be on the same Wi-Fi network.”
- Wait until you see your Android TV listed. Tap the name.
- On your phone, you’ll see a Bluetooth notification. Tap Pair
Restart your Android TV
- Unplug the power cord
- Wait 10 seconds
- Plug the power cord back in